It's been 2 years since we opened Cultiver! Yep, that's right, two whole years of creativity, fun events, workshops, crafter noons and cups of tea.
To celebrate and thank all the lovely people like you who have kept us going, we are having a lovely giveaway of some fab things. To join in you will need an Instagram account...it's our fave app for sharing awesome photos and videos. You can download it in the App Store and use it on your smart phone or tablet.
What can you win? Well...
A one of a kind gift package full of handmade goodies will include...
A Cultiver Candle Company package, a cuddly cactus from the new Little Bird line, one of Little Brown Dog's new vintage zipper purses, a screen printed Artwork produced in the Cultiver workshop as well as some added goodies from our fabric and habby stash.
Here's what you need to do...
1. Make sure you follow us on Instagram @cultiver
2. Wish us happy birthday with a creative/fun/totes hipster photo or video post on Instagram. (Make it cool. Yes, we will be judging you)
3. Make sure you hash tag your post with #cultiverbday (otherwise we won't be able to find your post, silly)
4. Share our original photo, with the yellow background, with your pals by re-gramming.
Entries close on Sunday 7th July with the winner announced on Tuesday 9th July.
This comp is open to Aussie and Kiwi residents only.
Sunday, 23 June 2013
How it works
- Buy a ticket - pre purchase at Cultiver or buy on the day
- Clear out your wardrobe for four to six garments you think others will value, but you no longer wear. Give them a wash, press (if needed) and fold neatly so they are ready for the swap. The number of items you bring along is the number of ‘new’ swapped items you can leave with.
- You can deliver your swap items to Cultiver the week before the swap or bring them with you on the day (please arrive promptly at 2:00pm if you are bringing garments with you). You will receive a token for each quality piece you contribute.
- Grab a hot chocolate and churros while the pieces are sorted.
- SWAPPING STARTS at 2:30.
- Select your items you like, try them on and swap your tokens at the checkout for your chosen pieces.
- please check items for spots, minor tears or missing buttons as these can be repaired by the fixit bitches on the day
- all items must be clean and presented neatly – no wrinkly pieces please, a quick iron would be fab
- style diversity is part of the fun and we welcome different styles not just current fashions
- no t-shirts unless they still have tags
- no items that are worn out or visibly pilled
- no long gowns
- no bras of any types
- don’t bring anything with stains
The 'fixit bitches'
Lovely gals who can fix things will be on hand to help with minor repairs and alterations of garments including:
- hemming if items are too long/short
- replacing or restitching buttons
Jen of Damned Soles will be available to give an extra spit and polish to any neglected shoes and you are welcome to bring along bigger shoe repair jobs and consult with Jen about what she can do for you.
We will also have a few jewellery mending supplies and at least one person who knows what they are doing to have a look at any quick repairs that you need to extend the life of your favourite pieces.
Cultiver - 181 Brisbane St. Ipswich
$15/head - includes hot chocolate and churros from fourthchild and helps us fund the fixit gals
Saturday 29th June
2:00 - 4:30pm
Posted by at 9:31 pm